Didn't you say that before???

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I don't understand myself sometimes

Like how I can say I am over someone, but then can't get him out of my mind. It's been almost 2 months now, and my heart can't let go. Even taking the initiative and saying I didn't want to talk to him until I'm ready; I still think about him more often than anyone. It hurts me to think about him. It hurts a lot. I am having a hard time telling myself to get over it, because he culminated everything that I want in a partner. I thought it would last, we would last. And when everything ended so suddenly, I just can't...
I just miss him. How can I miss someone who hurt me so badly? How can I still have these feelings after everything we went through? I miss our conversations that went on for hours. I miss visiting him in Boston, I miss everything, down to the smallest, 'insignificant' thing we did together, because it meant so much to me.
I just pray for the hurt to subside and it doesn't. And I feel like a fool for feeling this way. I feel like a fool because from here out, I will compare every other person I date to him, and I'm afraid they won't meet my standards.
When will it get better?

1 comment:

the lonely ghoul said...

I feel the exact same way. It sucks.