I showed up at the house a little after noon, and noticed the dining room light was on. So I knocked, thinking maybe Sky was home (even though his truck wasn't out front). I then let myself in and called for him, figuring maybe he was asleep or on the computer with headphones on. From the other room I heard a female voice say "Darby's here"... I came in to find his girlfriend, Andrea, just hanging out, working on her laptop, talking to him on the phone! I was a bit shocked, to say the least, and all I could do was laugh. I said "Well, I'm guessing you're Andrea!", with a big smile on my face. Not exactly the way I wanted to meet my husband's girlfriend, but whatever. She was very nice, we exchanged pleasantries and chatted for a few minutes while I gathered the CDs I had come to get. It was just a little awkward - moreso for her than for me, I suppose. I told her Sky & I were very cool with each other, and that he had told me a lot about her and I was happy he was happy (which is the truth). I'm glad he wasn't there, because that would have made it even more awkward for ALL of us. I was glad to get to meet her though, since she is dating my soon-to-be-ex-husband. Whenever we actually get around to it... :)
Although it made me feel mildly uncomfortable, I realized that it really didn't bother me much. I always had this idea that I would be very depressed or hurt whenever I met her, just because she's with him & I'm not anymore - even though I was the one who left him. I don't want him back, that's a no-brainer - we didn't work and wouldn't work together. Knowing my own emotions though, I always just assumed I would freak out a little bit, and I'm glad I didn't. It made me realize that I am over the drama, and truly moving on with my life.
It also made me realize that I'm over Ernesto too. I am actually to a point where I'm enjoying being single; the fear of being alone is subsiding. I know I won't be alone forever, and I'm cool with having lots of 'me' time right now. For the first time in over a month, I've been smiling for no reason, other than to just SMILE, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm hoping this trend continues, because I'm ready for it to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment