Didn't you say that before???

Saturday, October 17, 2009

So much to do, no energy to do it

That's me today. I look around this little apartment, and see all this stuff i need to do, that really won't take me all that long - just a few hours really - and I don't want to do any of it. I have laundry to wash, laundry to put away, I need to vacuum and mop the floors...but all I could manage to do today was sleep on the couch.
I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, but really....I guess I shouldn't have stayed up talking to Angela so late last night, and drinking a LOT of Pomegranate Martini... although they were quite tasty and the conversation was quite lively.
I have come to terms with so much over the past few weeks, and I'm really starting to enjoy life again. I have come to terms with my loneliness, and now acknowledge it is OK to be alone. I just miss sex! (I know this is probably TMI if my family is reading this but whatever). I'm a physical person, I enjoy it - and I miss it. Yes, I know, there are 'toys' I can use but that's not the same. Whatever...I'm sure I'll meet someone who can fill that need, even if it's for just one night. ;) LOL, yeah, SO not me it's funny.
I'm nowhere near ready to start dating, though part of me wants to, for the obvious reason above... but really, I'm so glad to have gotten myself out of the recent drama that I can't imagine bringing more on for myself.
I spent Thursday night with two of my guy friends having drinks, and I really needed it - I was beginning to feel so disillusioned by the men in my life that I was afraid I'd become a 'manhater'. Just those few hours out with them really helped me feel so much better about a lot of things in my life, and I'm grateful for it. My friends and family have been the best I could ask for.
Anyway, not much of an update, as it's very much the same stuff I've been writing, I just felt like posting something. I should be getting my butt together to head out for drinks for Sarah's birthday...but again, I'm very lazy today.

No comments: