Now, I'm much more focused and in a calmer, happier place. I realized over the past few weeks I need to start doing things for myself; I spent many months THINKING on what I wanted or needed to do for myself, but rarely acting on it. I was living my life for everyone else around me, AGAIN, and losing sight of what was necessary in order to heal myself and move on with life.
So a few weeks ago, I went out and bought a few cross stitch projects, since I hadn't done one in a few years and really enjoyed how it relaxed me. I had reconnected with that part of myself, and really enjoyed the feeling. That same week, I took the plunge and emailed my advisor at University of Phoenix Online about getting back into school. I had originally said I wanted to start after the new year, but then the selfish side of me kicked back in; NO! I was not putting this off any longer! A three-year hiatus was plenty long enough at this point, dammit!
Last week, everything was finalized and I am officially registered for classes beginning October 20th. Not only am I proud of myself for taking this step, but I'm excited to be going back. I truly enjoyed school previously, and love to learn.
I am just thankful that I am beginning to feel like myself again, for the first time in months. I have begun to come to terms with being 'alone', knowing that I'm not truly alone. I have the greatest family and the greatest friends around me; how can I be alone? I'm truly grateful for everyones' love, support, and care. :)
1 comment:
Congrats on seeking help Darby...right now I'm at the point where I know I should probably suck it up and seek help again but I'm also still trying to use the tools I've learned from years of past therapy and figure this out for myself. But sometimes that's just not possible...and I feel like I'm on the edge. Either I will fix this or I will fail horribly and go to the doctor. I know the source of my anxiety though and if I could just eliminate that, then I'd be in fair shape methinks.
And congrats on going back to school!! That's so f'ing awesome!
Post a Comment