Didn't you say that before???

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Music soothes the savage beast

Or at the very least, makes me happy for the night. :)
I went out for another karaoke night tonight (second time this week, and I'm going again tomorrow). I met up with 4 ladies from the office and Nicole, and had an amazingly fabulous time. I honestly had forgotten what it was like to just have a 'girls night' with multiple girls; it really helped my mood. We spent the night drinking and listening to bad (and good) karaoke; I was even able to get Maria to come up and sing with me, and apparently she said she would NEVER do karaoke. She had two guy friends meet her there, and they were pretty awesome guys. Nicole & I spent most of the night talking to them and making fun of bad karaoke songs, threatening bodily harm to those who picked horrible songs. Towards the end of the night, when a particularly awesome 80'song came on (Jesse's Girl), a comment was made by Mike; he was 'barely born' during the 80's, to which I said 'me too'...turns out he really was BARELY; he is only 21 years old. I was shocked; he looked and acted older, as did his friend Josh. They were both floored to hear I was nearly 30 (which made my night - I don't feel so old now!). Nicole & I really seemed to hit it off with the two of them. When we left, they gave us shit for leaving 'so early' - it was already almost 1am, then we all hugged and went our ways.
It was so refreshing to hang out and be MYSELF around total strangers; to not care what I said or how others would take it, especially around men. I have been so hesitant to get back out there; not that I'm looking to date anyone - I've had enough of that for a little while just now, thankyouverymuch - but just to know that I can have a good time, meet new people and see where anything goes. It felt RIGHT for the first time since asking Sky for a divorce. I felt very whole for the first time in ages.
So after a long night of booze, singing like a mad woman, and eating breakfast foods at 1am, I am home and trying to unwind.
It really feels great to be me right now. :)

No comments: