Didn't you say that before???

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Micromanagment at it's finest...

Oh, faithful readers... (ok, the whole two of you who follow my blog) I have never been more frustrated with a job than I am with my current employer. Allow me to tell you why... In July, a consulting company was hired to come in and work with 'management' to train them to manage us better. At first, we didn't really care - they were only there to affect management, what's the big deal? WRONG. We should have cared and should have revolted from the start. We were told when it all began that this would only affect management, and that we wouldn't notice they were even here... WRONG AGAIN. By August, we were given daily 'logs' to fill out, tracking every minute of our day, down to bathroom breaks, smoke breaks, etc., etc., and every item of work we process. With this information, they divised a magical number we are all to strive to reach each day of average work processed per hour. In order to insure we hit that number each day, they randomly pull people from their work (to lower the number of man hours) and divide their workload amongst everyone else (to keep the same amount of work processed). That all started in September. Now, in October... When our mail comes in each day, instead of sorting it and handing it out like we used to, it is now kept under lock & key (not literally, but it might as well be), and divied out as management sees fit to reach our magic number. So today I come in and grab my work to process for the day, and find...enough work to hold me over until 10, maybe 11 this morning. Then I have NOTHING TO DO (and THAT is a literal statement). What the fuck is the point of me even coming in today? Seriously?! To process 40 expense reports (probably less than that, I haven't counted them yet) and then sit with my thumb up my ass the rest of the afternoon?? Yes, I'm grateful I have a job; I couldn't survive without it. But really... this fucking consulting company is just becoming too much of a hinderance. Our customer service has gone out the window! Our previous turn around of less than 24 hours response time to any inquiry has now gone to at LEAST 48 hours, and that's if we keep up with the backlog of crap as they 'predict' we will. I'm just beyond frustrated.

No comments: