Didn't you say that before???

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sometimes, I don't get life...

but then I think, am I really supposed to?

Today was the MS Walk, where, for the second year, my family rallied around my sister, along with a ton of her friends, coworkers, and students, and we walked in her honor. Jamie successfully raised over $4,000 this year - I was amazed and deeply touched. Seeing people there who were obviously afflicted with the horrible disease (some doing the walk in wheelchairs), really made it hit home, just as much as it did for me last year.

I am proud of Jamie and her personal growth over this past year, having only known her diagnosis for just over a year at this point. I'm proud to be her sister. My family means the world to me, and I know that this past year would have been a million times worse for Jamie without the strong family behind her. She's an amazing woman, as I know those of you who know her will readily attest.

I realized today, in all my own drama, my prayers for her have fallen to the wayside; she is in my daily prayers when I pray for my family as a whole, but my prayers for her as an individual have lacked. I'm not going to let that happen anymore, as that is the support I am most comfortable giving, above being there for her emotionally. She's been there for me so often, I don't know where I'd be without her. God truly blessed the world when he brought her into it, I truly believe that.

For the future, I pray for continued healing for her, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, and that God help slow the progression of the MS, so she can live a full, healthy life well into old age. She's done great things, whether she sees it or not, and I know in my heart she is destined to do even greater things. ♥ I love her to pieces, and I'm glad she's my sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said and very sweet! We are proud of her as well as you and Brian too! All of our children are awesome!