I always thought happiness was a relative term, because at so many times I felt 'happy' but not completely so; leaving me to see it as a relative thing. But I realized, it's really not. Happiness is not relative. For the first time in a while, I feel truly happy. My spirit is full, my heart is full, my cup is full. I'm in love with life.
I think I can say honestly for the first time, I have officially shaken off the old cloak that once covered me, smothering me in negativity and showing me only the bad things in my life. For once I can breathe deep, smile broadly, and know that all is as it should be. Whether I agree with it or not, doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. I spent too much time in the past trying to force the hand I was dealt, and change things because I thought I could; and just as I would think things were changing, it would come back to bite me, because it wasn't meant to happen then - if at all. I'm finally fine with that, because I know God loves me, and wants what is best for me. Sometimes bad things have to happen to show you the good, or to get you back on track in life. It's a mystery, and that is what makes it so enjoyable.
Life truly is like a box of chocolates (not to coin a cheesy line from a movie); not just because you never know what you're gonna get, but because sometimes you may love it, sometimes you may hate it, but overall, you are satisfied when the box is empty. Here's to wishing for all my loved ones to have overflowing boxes of chocolate (figuratively speaking, of course), that is filled with mostly good pieces, a few bad, and that every so often God adds a few more pieces to it.
♥
2 comments:
Yey! (This reminds me of Colossians 3:1-15.) I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Love you, Darby! You are beautiful!
That is THE perfect verse selection, Jen! Very much how I feel. I won't lie, I have my days that aren't as good as they could be, but re-reading this blog now and Colossians helps bring me back around. ♥
Post a Comment