Didn't you say that before???

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Love Me

This past year has brought me to a new place, spiritually. During this past year, a good friend introduced me to JJ Heller, a fabulous Christian Folk singer. Any time I feel alone and down about life, I listen to these songs; because no matter "who" comes and goes in my life, and no matter how I feel I'm missing something, God always loves me for who I am regardless of what I've done, and at the end of the day, I'm always in His hands.


Lyrics to Love Me :





He cries in the corner where nobody sees 





He’s the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, “Dear God won’t you please 
Could you send someone here who will love me?”

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means

Her office is shrinking a little each day
She’s the woman whose husband has run away
She’ll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner 
Then he would’ve stayed
And she says…

Who will love me for me? 
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means

He’s waiting to die as he sits all alone
He’s a man in a cell who regrets what he’s done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
“Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home”

Then he heard a voice somewhere deep inside
And it said 
“I know you’ve murdered and I know you’ve lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life 
And now that you’ll listen, I’ll tell you that I...”

I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love 
The love that you never knew 
[ Love Me Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ] 





I have unanswered prayers





I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

My world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave...
I never leave Your hands

I have spent much time living in the negative of life, in the things that I can't change or can't force to happen - because we each have a plan that was laid out before us LONG before we were even born, and while I may feel I'm headed in the right direction on my path in life, I cannot make it go faster or happen sooner or NOT happen at all. Life Happens. I cherish that, every day, as I cherish every person who has ever graced my life - good and bad - because you can't have the good without the bad. I have learned life is not to be mourned it is to be celebrated!! Regardless of the pains I have faced and still face, I know in my heart, I am happy, and that the winding road of my life will lead to many glorious stops along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your heart full of Joy!!