This word, particularly when used in the form of a question by itself, I am trying to cut out of my vocabulary.
Too many times, I have found myself asking why?? Why am I hurting? Why is my life the way it is? Too many why's, and I know the answer doesn't lie in my hands.
I'm currently reading a wonderful book, The Shack by William Young, it is about a man who's youngest daughter is abducted at the age of 6. The unknown of her status (whether she is alive or dead), sends him into a spiraling depression. Years after, God asks him to meet Him at The Shack, where the FBI had previously found signs of his daughter being there. The story goes on to tell of a weekend spent with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, and how this man finds himself and his love for God again. This book has helped me renew a lot of my faith; not that I had lost it, but I felt confused and lost many times with it. This has brought me some clarity, and has redefined in me the love I hold for those in my life, and the reason it is often unconditional. Those that I truly love, I love unconditionally. They can hurt me, but I know the hurt is temporary, and my love will be there through it and after it. Much like how God loves us, his children.
One question I have asked God time and again: Why do I feel such love for someone who has caused me pain? - this book answered that. Because it is unconditional. This is the best way I can explain it, any of it, about how I feel.
I feel more at peace in my heart and soul since I started reading this book, and I recommend it to everyone.
2 comments:
Someone at church just lent me this book! It's like the 2nd book on my list of stuff to read. Can't wait. (Will I be crying my eyes out though? Reading/hearing/knowing about little kids getting hurt wrecks me for days.)
So glad for where you are going, Darby. I'm learning that He never lets us go when we search Him with our whole heart.
"It is better to know God than to know answers."
This is the book I was going to lend you too - so never mind! LOL
The story only briefly touches on the girl's disappearance, the book is mostly about the father's healing, so no - you should be ok to read it without getting super-upset. It's a very uplifting book.
Post a Comment