Didn't you say that before???

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tomorrow's the big day...

Tomorrow at 2pm I have a phone interview for an open position in the Fleet department in our Boston office. At the moment, I am nervous, excited, scared, and a whole slew of other emotions over this.

I had a mini heart-to-heart with my mom over everything last night, and though I know she wishes I would change my mind and stay, I hope that in the end of it all, she understood why I am moving.

I'm moving because it's time. When I look at my life currently, and I think about staying here and where I'd be in life 5 years from now, I see the exact same life. Same position at work, same boring town, same hum-drum bullshit. While I love my friends and family more than they could ever imagine, I need - no, WANT - to finally be doing something that is just for me. A chance to start fresh, to try something new - both in work and in living. To meet new people and grow.

I lost a lot of my chance to grow during my 20's, because I was so focused on being a wife, and trying to make life good for someone else, that I forgot what life was about for me. Yes, this may be selfish, and yes, I know I am hurting a lot of people by leaving, but I know in my heart this is RIGHT. As I have found my way along the winding road of my life this past year, that's the one thing I have learned  to do - listen to my heart. God lives in my heart - how could I not listen? I have many steps to go in life, and I know that this road is not going to be easy... but I will make it, in everything I attempt - one step at a time.

(oh yeah, totally just segued that into a song...)



This is my anthem. ♥

No comments: