So last night was Round 2 of the Newly Singles Club, or as is defined on Facebook currently 'The Single Life'.
The group was randomly formed last month when Heather invited a few friends to come out for a night on the town in West Chester, where we proceeded to crash at a hotel afterwards and be drunken and rowdy until about 5am. That night, I made (or maybe she made it, I honestly can't remember) the declaration that we were the Newly Singles, and we were to celebrate it. Because see, the OG's of the group were either recently divorced, going through a divorce, or recently ended a long-term relationship (with the exception of Kelly - she is not, however she's an honorary member because she kicks ass and was our DD for the night!).
So last night we headed to Kildare's in King of Prussia for a night of drinking and hearing Fosterchild play again. Added to the group for the first time was Stoney (or Greg for those who don't know). Greg & I have known each other for over 10 years now, and I've come to adore him as a friend. He's probably one of the sweetest guys I've known, and yet still holds a great sense of humor, humility, and just all around awesomeness - in short, he's a real person. He doesn't put on an act for anyone, which is why I knew he'd be a shoe-in as a 'member' of the group. He's also been single for the longest out of all of us, I believe - and I'm not quite sure why! The only thing I can figure is, he just hasn't met a good enough woman yet. It's odd, because if I didn't have such a close past with him, I would date him - but I can't get myself around what we've built as friends to do that. I know, that's a little sad, but I cherish him as my friend, and want to keep it that way. Anyway! LOL...
So last night was our night of drunken debauchery, and it was a BLAST. I attempted to get Bill & Chris to come out to it, but alas - dear WILLIAM never responded (because I know he secretly is infatuated with me, just too scared to acknowledge it) and Chris was busy making awesome event posters because he's just, well, awesome like that, so he couldn't come out (AND at least he had the decency to let me know eh couldn't make it, like a gentleman should!) ;)
But I digress...
Fosterchild was awesome, as was the company of everyone. Today, I've been lounging and recovering all day, and will shortly be turning in for the night,, as I am tired...
so yeah, that was another fun-filled weekend with great people. Here's to keeping the love flowing!
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment