Didn't you say that before???

Friday, March 26, 2010

I *heart* Fridays

So it's Friday...and I just want everyone to know how much I love them. I love them for many reasons, actually.

1) the obvious - I get off from work at 5:15/5:30-ish, and don't have to go back until Monday.
2) I get the opportunity to hang out with friends without dreading the next morning, because I can sleep in.
3) Because it's Friday, I'm in love. (ok - I'm in love with FRIDAY - figured I'd clarify so people don't start thinking I've fallen in love with someone)

That's it - nothing big. I'm at work, a little bored (ok, a LOT bored; scanning invoices & expense reports into our digital server is not exactly exciting)

Tonight, I'm going out with a great friend, Heather, to celebrate her 25th birthday, which was yesterday. She's awesome, hands-down, and I look forward to a great night! Tomorrow is a sort of "Round 2" for her birthday, but is really a singles night, to celebrate our greatness in being single.

Speaking of that greatness...I do actually enjoy being single. I like being able to flirt without feeling 'guilty', I like being able to weigh my options and take time to decide whether or not I want to be involved or just hang out with someone. It takes the pressure away a little - however, I'm still "learning" how to be single. I most definitely miss having someone as "my" manfriend, but I'm getting better with being ok with that. Besides, I have a perspective or two that could turn into something, as long as I don't become an obsessed spazz like I have in the past. And this time, I want to take time to just enjoy someone's company.

And something I just realized as I was typing this last paragraph; apparently I blog a lot about relationships/being single - I think I may be obsessed with it. LOL... honestly, though, writing is my therapy away from therapy - it helps me deal with things that the logical side of my mind knows is not the way to think, but the illogical side doesn't want to let go of just yet. Putting into words that I am completely normal to be ok with being single keeps me smiling. That and the thought of the adventure life holds ahead of me - not knowing where I'll be a day, week, month from now. I like that. I like that I have gotten back in touch with friends that I haven't seen in ages, because of the time I was spending focusing on not being single. I missed them! Shit, the last time I saw Bill (aka Wolfman) before my birthday was like JULY or some nonsense! Nick & Bridget? I think I saw them a small handful of times since Ocotober, but not in any sense of fun times, until recently. That makes me feel good. My friends have always meant a lot to me, and they make up a large part of who I am... so it's nice to be back in the swing of things.

AAANNYWAY...boredboredboredboredboredboredboredbored....

seriously!!!! I hate being bored! Almost as much as I hate clowns, but not quite. So here it is, 11:37, and I'm stuck scanning until 12:30...and I've been in here since 10. :(

SOMEONE ENTERTAIN ME!!!!!

....please? I'll give you a cookie...or make you dinner? or buy you a beer? ;)

Only a few more hours to go... I can make it.

Fuck boredom.

No comments: