Didn't you say that before???
Monday, February 1, 2010
Just Another Manic Monday...
No, I'm not listening to that song, just got it stuck in my head....
Ahhhh, Monday, how do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways:
1) you always start off hectic, regardless of how prepared I am for the day
2) you're when EVERYTHING is due for school, and that does not help my procrastinator ways at all.
3) you just suck. Period.
and for some reason, for the first time in history of being in this building, the heat is non-existent. I'm freezing my ass off in here today! But enough complaining from me; I spent the majority of last week complaining about everything I could possibly complain about, and no matter how pissed off my job is going to try to make me this week, I won't let it. Why? Because I have a half-day on Friday, and I'm off next Monday, so I have something to truly look forward to. Of course, I look forward to the time in between those days, because I'll be in Boston with Ernesto. :)
What was everyone up to this past weekend?? Anything fun and/or exciting? Let's recap mine, because I'm sure you're all just dying to know... ;)
Friday night... I did homework. ;) I know, exciting, right?? I was in bed by 10:30, and didn't wake up until after 9 Saturday morning. It was great to get 10 hours of sleep! Saturday morning/afternoon I spent doing more homework, though nowhere near enough apparently. Saturday evening, Angela came over and we spent the night watching Dreamgirls before getting ready to go to the bar for karaoke. Ang got wasted, but I did not. We almost closed the bar (left around quarter of 2), and went to the good old Limerick Diner for some 2am breakfast. Got home around 3-ish, where Ang proceeded to pass out (practically) on my couch. Since I had thought it would be a good idea to have 2 cups of coffee at the diner, I could not sleep. Instead, I read for about an hour, going to sleep around 4am. Sunday I got up, hung out with Ang for a while longer while she woke up and got her stuff together to go home (also took care of b-day invites on FB). Family dinner last night and then homework for the remainder of the night. And I am so far behind on it, its unreal... oh well. guess i'll get my shit together at some point today.
Now here I am at work on Monday, wanting nothing more than for it to be Friday. Friday, I'll be heading to Boston (already said that, I know...) where I will be pampering Ernesto all night because he deserves it. :) I can't wait.
Oooooo!! I also did my taxes this weekend and I'm getting back enough money to pay off 3 of my credit cards!! :D That made my weekend complete! Paying them off will free up roughly $300 a month!!!!!!! With that, I'll actually be able to start saving some money! holy CRAP! I haven't been able to do that for years. :) I think once I have the money, I'm going to immediately pay them off and start actually making plans for my future. My future. I love the sound of that...I love thinking about the endless possibilities that lie ahead of me; finishing my divorce (which is a given, obviously), moving out on my own (to Boston whenever I find a job there), being even happier than I am now (because the thought of all these things makes me feel like singing with joy). Of course, thinking about all this makes me think about Ernesto... :) which is never a bad thing in my mind.
I think about how different things are between he and I this time around; I'm a lot more secure about myself *most days* (note, last week I was a total spazz and questioned things I had no need of questioning due to an overload of stress, and I feel like a jerk for doing so); I don't need to talk to him every single day, though we usually chat during work through IM on and off every day. But I don't need to call him every night or have him calling me every night - which is good this time, since he lost his phone last week and has no way of talking to me outside of work. I do want to see him more often now (well really, that's about the same as it was before), but I know that it's not possible at the moment, so I try to make each visit special in some way. Like this one coming up; I have a handful of little 'surprises' for him, to express how I feel. I know; call it cheesy, sappy, whatever - I don't care. I love him, plain and simple. I feel about him more strongly than I have anyone in my life, and I want to do all I can to show this to him, because he means that much to me. I truly believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because each time I have seen him recently, my smile gets wider and wider, and my spirits are lifted a little more. Taking things with him one day at time is working for me; I know what I want out of my future in regards to him, and I am determined to do what is necessary to get that - however at this point in time, I cannot say what God has planned for my future - which is why I take it one day at a time.
Now here we are coming up on lunch time already! I changed my hours at work so I now start at 8:30 until 5:30, so it feels like the day is FLYING for me right now. Give it a week, I'll be back to bitching about how slow the day is going! LOL
With that, I leave you all for the remainder of the day (maybe...). Have a spectacular Monday, and always remember - There will be rain throughout your life, but the choice to shelter yourself from it until it passes or dance in it to make it better is yours. Celebrate every moment you can - from big to small - because you never know when that moment will be your last.
♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment