Didn't you say that before???

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hey, it's Tuesday already!

I know, I know... you all missed me SO MUCH yesterday, you cried yourselves to sleep last night. Admit it, dammit, I'm awesome and you all can't live without reading my randomness. :D This weekend was fabulous. I took Ernesto to Texas Roadhouse for the first time (his, not mine), since I had a gift card I got for Christmas (thanks for dinner, mom & dad!) and I got in later than I expected and really did not feel like cooking dinner as I had planned to do, so... off we went. It was delicious as always, and he really enjoyed the food (which I'm glad, because that's one of my top favorite restaurants, no doubt!). Saturday we hung with his friends again, which is ALWAYS a good time. I made dinner for me & him and two of his friends (split chicken breasts with fresh thyme, rosemary, chives and garlic stuffed under the skin and white rice (which got burnt) with chives and a bit of olive oil)... it was so fucking good. I will make this again soon for my family, it was absolutely the best chicken I've ever made. We spent the night at his friends apartment since we were going to be there for Superbowl anyway. Late that night (now this is scary, people, so if you're at all a worry-wart, stop reading now) I started getting dizzy. Yes, I had been drinking but I had only had about a half a bottle of wine at that point - nothing over the top. My ears began to ring, and I felt nauseous, so I went to the bathroom. Shortly there after, I fainted. I recall looking at myself in the mirror and noting how pale and clammy I looked, and next thing I know, I'm on the floor. Thankfully, the trash can behind me stopped me from cracking my head against the wall, so it really looked like I decided it would be a great place to sit down right in front of the trash. I wasn't out long, long enough for Ernesto to realize that I should have been back from the bathroom but wasn't, so when I wandered out, he was just coming down the hall. He knew I wasn't right, so he had me lay down while he ran out to my car to get the box of Thin Mints that were out there and some milk, to get my blood sugar back up. After 1 cookie I felt better, so I know the fainting was from low blood sugar, but I have never had that happen before. I was so scared, but he did a great job of calming me down and taking care of me. I ♥ him so much. Sunday was superbowl day, where we hung out all day and watched sports and ate a TON of food. It was good. Crashed there again that night (his buddy Alex is a saint for giving up his bedroom to us when he didn't have to). Got up Monday, headed back to his place, got pizza at the best pizza place of all time, then chilled before I had to leave. It was truly a fun-filled yet relaxing weekend. AND I escaped 18 inches of snow back here in PA... only to come home to more on its way tonight into tomorrow. Balls. Shoulda stayed in MA. Anyway, that's all I got for an update. I'm going to get back to work now, seeing as lunch time is over. ♥

No comments: