Didn't you say that before???

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's a BOY!! (and no, I'm not pregnant!)

A quick recap for those of you who are new to my blog:
In July of last year, my family found out that after well over a year of trying, my brother & sister-in-law conceived. Their due date was calculated to be April 2 of this year. As time went on, they decided they did not want to know what they were having, but from the get go, I felt it was a boy. Never faltered from that once.
This morning, after going to bed at 2am, I got a call from my mom at 4am saying Peggy had gone into labor, and was going in for an emergency c-section as we spoke. After getting over the shock & thinking I was dreaming the phone call (mom had to call me again to make sure I was coming to the hospital, because I said "Keep me posted"), I headed to Pottstown Memorial Hospital. After waiting for about an hour or so, my brother came out with one of the nurses to tell us that the surgery was a success, Peggy was fine and that they had a healthy baby boy! Born at 4lbs, 6 oz and measuring at 16.5 inches, he was doing great! They checked his lungs (since that's the lastthing to develope while inutero), and everything seemed to be good. They put him on a ventilator to be safe, and prepped him to be shipped to Bryn Mawr Hospital to their NICU, because Pottstown is not prepped to handle premature babies. Before they sent him off, the nurse let us see him and take pictures as they were getting him ready to go.
Introducing the newest addition to the Ruoss clan, Brian Matthew Ruoss, Jr!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww he is beautiful. Congrats to your family :-)

Jen said...

Gotta love our newest family member!! He is so Handsome. Congrats Aunt Darby!!!