Didn't you say that before???

Thursday, January 21, 2010

All work & no play makes Darbzilla something something...

Really, what that should read is 'all work & no SLEEP makes Darbzilla a CRANKYPANTS on Thursday"... but I digress. Well, not really, since I didn't really start saying something else to digress away from... see!!! Lack of sleep and I can't even form a cognetive sentence, let alone type right! Ugh. Today will be a long day if I don't get some caffeine in these veins in place of the blood, like every other day. I bet you didn't know that, dear followers - Darby's veins are NOT filled with blood like one might think, but a concentration of caffeine, nicotine, and blood (and occasionally alcohol in evenings and/or weekends). By now you're probably asking yourself "What's with the lack of sleep, Darbzilla??". Then again, you may not be asking yourself that, you may just be thinking "WTH is she going on about now? Doesn't she ever shut up?" Well, if that's your thoughts, bite me. ;) Last night, while attempting to read about morals and ethics within business (I swear, the word 'moral' or some derivitive thereof is used on average 3 times per sentence in that damn book), my BFF called me to tell me her step daughter was in the ER with stomach pains, and she asked me to Google what it could be. Of course, a 10 year-old with stomach pains could be anything from apendicitis to mentrual cramps... so I left her with not much information. After failing miserably for a few hours of reading, getting only 2 pages into the book from where I left off at lunch earlier, I went to bed. An hour later, I was pacing around the apartment, trying to get my the electricity shooting through my legs to stop. Note to self: STOP EATING PASTA FOR DINNER!!! Pasta = restless legs for me, and I know this, yet I couldn't stop myself from chowing down on mom's bruschetta pasta at dinner. Stupid me. After I get myself to drift back off sometime after 11, Angela calls me back around 12:30, to tell me they found nothing wrong with her step daughter. Lovely. I asked her to keep me posted, because I look at Faith as my step niece, so I'm glad she called. I talked to her for about a half hour, trying desperately to stay awake the whole time, and then went back to sleep. Cue the alarm at 5am...yippee. I rolled out of bed after laying there for 15 minutes, on the phone with Angela again to make sure SHE woke up for work and went to make coffee... to find none left!! How could I have forgotten the ONE THING I need to survive in the morning?? FUCK. (for those of you new to reading my blog, I apologize for the profanity - I tend to use it often. Funny, a nice, Christian girl like me, swearing like a sailor. hee). So I had no caffeine until I rolled into work this morning, which BLOWS. Like seriously, blows harder than hurricane-force winds. Blah. Now I'm here at work, filling my time with inane writings. I'm honestly surprised at the number of you who have actually read each of my postings each day... aren't you tired of me yet? LOL What could possibly be new with me since yesterday? Not a whole helluva lot, really. I'm counting down the hours to be out of here today so I can get more homework done, and then head off to Kylene's house for a girl's only party (that's sex toys for those who don't get it). Should be a good time, and yes, I'll probably end up buying something... I mean, the party is technically geared at singles, and though I'm not, my manfriend lives 4 states away, so... I got to have something to take care of my needs when I can't see him... ;) Then tomorrow I get done work at 11:30, and promptly leave for Boston until Sunday to see Ernesto. So yay! Great weekend planned, even though the only real 'plans' that are set right now is me cooking dinner one night and going to see Avatar at some point on Saturday. Sunday, who knows what time I'm going to head home, so it may end up being a late night that night. Oh well, it's worth it to me. No goofiness from me today either, which sucks. I forgot my damn slippers at home, and besides - I did that yesterday. I'm going to take some time to think of things I can do every day (something different) to keep morale up around here. If I made the proclimation yesterday that I'm going to be the department clown, I need to live up to it!! Ideas, please and thank you friends! LOL... Wow, do I feel like I have a severe case of A.D.D. today! My brain is working about a million miles a second, going from one thing to another before I can even acknowledge the previous thought. Holy shit. Must slow down the brain power, it's out of control! Right now, it's fixated on lunch, and I can't take said lunch until 1:00, because I'm stuck in our lame-ass scanning room, scanning invoices into our digital server. Oh the EXCITEMENT! I can't contain myself, I love doing this so much! LOL In less than 2 months (54 days to be exact), I will be hitting a milestone birthday. The dreaded 30...yes, I said it... 30... I don't know how I feel about this, because I don't FEEL 30. How do I know what 30 feels like though?? What if my idea of feeling 30 is really what it feels like to be 25, or 35?!? And what if my internal baby clock starts going off after that??? What if I become obsessed with the idea of reproduction? I'm in the middle of a divorce for Christ's sake, not exactly in the position to entertain those thoughts if they come around. Ernesto loves me, but I don't think he'd be ready to be my 'baby daddy'! I mean, 30!! My parents had already had all three of us by the time they were that age. Here I am, soon-to-be divorced, dating again, and nowhere near to that point in my life. Not exactly what I had envisioned life as being when I was 20, that's for sure! At 20, I was engaged, thinking by 30 I would have had my first kid already and probably entertaining kid number 2... of course, that was before I realized how against having kids my soon-to-be husband was. At that age, I was cool with it, really, because I was busy partying and having fun! Wooo! Rockstar! Then I hit 25, and I started to think about it again. Then my niece was born when I was 27, and I really started to think about it. Then I left my husband, and those thoughts - right out the goddamned window. But what if that desire comes back after 30? I've seen a lot of people go through that. (yes, this is a legitimate chain of thought that ran through my head earlier). OK, I'm about to close up for lunch. Have a fabulously happy spectacular Thursday, everyone!!! ♥

No comments: