Didn't you say that before???

Monday, January 25, 2010

Ah yes, another Monday is here again

And the changes keep on coming! Woo hoo! I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the blogging - they adjusted our expectation numbers so we have to actually work to reach them each day. So this may be the last blog from me that starts in the AM and ends later. We shall see. This weekend was fantabulously awesome, as I knew it would be. I think I say it too much, but I am truly in love with Massachusetts and the greater Boston area. Ernesto was sweet & took me out to dinner Friday night, where I had Indian food for the first time ever and it was so freakin' good. Saturday we got up early (for us - we were actually up before 9am), and headed into Boston to see Avatar in 3-D. All I can say about it is HOLY EFFING CRAP, IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR!!!! Seriously, if you haven't seen it yet, get your ass to the nearest Imax theater and see it in 3-D! It's beautiful, stunning, mesmorizing, and the story line is decent too. I honestly got sucked in so much, I felt like I was there. I haven't had a movie do that to me in... I can't even say how long, it's been that long. Just go see it. Srsly. After the movie, we went to hang out with Wiz and the rest of the Brookline guys, which was great as well. I really love Ernesto's friends, they're great guys; funny, intelligent, down-to-earth, and I feel very welcomed by them. We spent the evening hanging out, watched some basketball, had some drinks and listened to music - a very chill night. Sunday was a lazy day, since I had to go home that afternoon, but enjoyable nonetheless. Cuddled up on the couch and watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure and fell asleep for a little while, then I headed off for home. On my drive, Ernesto kept me continually posted on the status of the playoff games, texting me play-by-plays and score updates. This may sound odd to some of you, but that was probably the sweetest thing he could have done for me, because it was so thoughtful. He could have just gone to his buddies' house, watched the game and hung out with them. He did do that, but made it seem like I was there with him - it made my drive home enjoyable. Now, I'm looking forward to Superbowl weekend, and getting to actually watch it with him. Should be a blast. :) So yeah... sorry this isn't my usual wit-filled blather; I think I left my wit at home today, because I'm so tired from the weekend. Tonight, I'll be spending as much time as possible trying to crank out 3 days worth of homework that I didn't do this weekend... ugh. Brought the laptop with me, and just didn't think about it until Sunday morning. Oh well. I'll get caught up quick enough. I'm venturing into something I haven't done in many years starting today. I need to start budgeting my money better, so I can actually save some of it, and be able to afford to live on my own soon. For starters, I built my grocery list online, using the store flyer to pick out all the sale items I need, and will be looking for coupons today at lunch to bring that total down even further. I'm also going to start limiting the number of times I go to the bar each week (GASP! NO!!!), and/or limit the number of beverages I have while there, so I'm not running up a tab each night. I'll have to cut back on going, though, because I also want to cut back on smoking, and going to the bar = smoking a lot which is bad. There's much I want to do with my life, and my willy-nilly spending style has to stop. I'm putting my foot down, dammit. ;) In all my years of working, I have never heard of a department being too efficient, until this morning. Our expectations have been changed again, to a lower number, which means we have less time per item to process it. This is fine with me, because honestly I felt like even working slowly, I was not being challenged. So they lowered them today, and it's still too high, I think. I'm working slowly, taking my time to pay attention to each item, and I'm still over my efficiency. They want us to be between 85 and 100% efficient, but more in the middle - closer to 100 is bad, below 85 is bad. Right now, I'm at 110%!! My fear is, in order to lower my efficiency, I'm going to not get in the 125 documents I need to get in today, thus screwing myself... So I'm signing off now. I either ate too much crap this past weekend or had too much caffeine this morning, because right now, all I want to do is go home and spend it sitting in the bathroom throwing up. I feel awful right now... ugh. 4:30 can't come fast enough... Have a fan-freakin-tastic Monday, friends. ♥

No comments: