I've never really paid much attention to my 'home' page here on blogger; I've always been the type to sign on and immediately get to writing a new post or stalking the few friends/family members I follow on here... Today, though, I decided to see what some of the links do. Apparently, blogger tracks how many times my blog is viewed in a given day/week/month/all time... and tracks where the hits come from... some point in the past, my page has been viewed twice in Germany, Denmark, and Sweden, and apparently once in Cambodia and Latvia...? Really?? I don't know anyone in ANY of those countries. The Canada hits I understand, the Australia hits I understand (former classmate lives there)... but Cambodia???
I find it sort of unnerving to know that all this data is collected though. I mean, on the 25th of July, my page had 15 hits at midnight... who the fuck for 1) is reading my page at midnight and for 2) who the fuck is reading it - period? LOL
I know Jenny & Heather read, because they comment regularly (I thank you both for being avid followers). I know others who 'follow' me on here read but rarely comment - or if they do comment, it's on Facebook. It just boggles my mind. Yes, I know I post links to my blogs on Facebook almost every time I write one, and I know I have insanely too many friends on that damn website to know what to do with (and that really boggles my mind sometimes - I mean, honestly - you people want to be FRIENDS with me?? You're all effing nuts). But I really didn't think that so many of my Facebook friends were reading my blog that much... and not all the traffic is coming from Facebook... there are people randomly Googling me...
To those who have Google searched for my blog - here's a tip - I don't make anything private on here. If you really want to stalk me, just save the damn link to your internet favorites - I'll be none the wiser, and you won't have to waste time trying to find me among the millions of blogs out there. Just a suggestion. Better yet: post a comment once in a while. Blogger is great, you get the option to post anonymously. Whether or not I approve the comment upon reading it is a different story, but... hey, at least you'll know I read it.
So not only does Blogger allow me to view how often my page is viewed as well as the countries in which it is being viewed, it also gives me the opportunity to MAKE MONEY.
Holy LAVA BALLS, Batman - how did I not know this before??? How could I have ignored a link that clearly states "Monetize"??? Hmmm... so you may be seeing some ads going forward on my blog... interesting. Yes, I've become a corporate, money-loving, Google whore... ;) Well, maybe... I don't know if I can actually do that or not...
Anyway, I really was just killing some time before I head off to get my drink on with a one Mister Jacob Kuhns tonight. I puffy♥ him. Such a good friend.
Anyways, time for me to scoot. Peace out, bitches. Keep those hits coming - I like seeing that I'm being stalked so much - kind of a turn on... ;)
xo
Darbzilla
1 comment:
you make me laugh, Darby! I have a hit tracker, but i didn't know blogger built one in.
why not make some money on your page??
(lol.. as long as the ads aren't porn-related, i'm alright with it!)
Post a Comment