Didn't you say that before???

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Road Not Taken - R. Frost

I have always loved this poem, but recently it has been even more of a favorite of mine, because to me it is about life changes and the choices we do and do not make.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I took the road less traveled recently in moving here, and it truly has made all the difference. For the first time, I'm living my life for me.... and it feels great.

But enough about that. I'm hoping to have pictures taken and posted soon of my new place - it's really an awesome apartment. Not much really going on right now; hanging out with friends around here, getting to know my neighborhood and the surrounding area, hanging out with my cat... i'm glad school is temporarily on hold though, because it's giving me a chance to settle in without having to bury my nose in the computer every night and be a shut-in... ;)

Well, so much for now; have a great day, peeps, and i'll post more when i can.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love this poem :)

And yes, we want pictures!!!