Didn't you say that before???

Saturday, July 3, 2010

One week ago...

My going away party was just getting underway. So many good friends and family members showed up, I felt beyond loved (well, I still feel beyond loved!). I got to Jamaica Plain late Tuesday afternoon, and spent the night unpacking and getting settled. Wednesday was spent with a little of the same, as well as some time wandering town getting to know my surroundings. The town is truly quaint. The houses are all colorful, and of interesting architecture - almost has a 'beachy' feel to it, which I love. Thursday was my first day of work, and it went well. Thursday night was also my first night of having a case of severe homesickness; not so much that I missed PA, I just wanted to call up someone and go grab dinner at the diner, or a drink at the bar, and I didn't have anyone to call... made me a little sad. I know that most of the "homesick" feelings are going to be based around that, and I'm hoping that all changes once I get to know people more. I know it will, actually, it's just going to take some time. Right now, I'm just enjoying the few days I have without a roommate, wandering around various areas, and enjoying myself. Tomorrow, I think I will go to the fireworks show with my coworker/landlord and his partner, and Monday I'm going to spend the day taking pictures at the Arboretum down the street (and throwing in a mix of homework here and there, of course).
Tuesday starts another back at the grind day, and marks my one week in Massachusetts. I absolutely love it here. My cat, Oy, is happier than can be (especially now that I got her meds again, and that I got her real food instead of the diet shit she's refusing to eat); all and all everything is working out pretty well so far.
The job is going well, even if I'm very slowly being trained - it's understandable; they brought me on right at month-end, when it's major crunch-time for them. Hard to train properly when on a set deadline. The plan is to give me the "easier", faster parts of the job to do for now, and then do a mock walk through later in the month to give me a true feel for everything. Whatevs; I'm not worried too much about it all. I'm enjoying the people I work with, and enjoying the overall atmosphere.
I promise to have picutres posted as soon as possible; I'm trying to not spend a ton of time at home - the main reason I fell in love with this area is because it has SO much to see and do, and I can walk everywhere or take public transportation, so I don't have to sit around thinking "I have nothing to do".
Anyway... just wanted to give a quick update. :)

No comments: