Didn't you say that before???

Monday, August 9, 2010

Why are Mondays always so fucked up?

Like seriously??

Okay, maybe I had a shitty start to my Monday because I was tired, and maybe I was tired because I stayed up past 1am watching season one of True Blood on Sunday night, but really! Today was fucked up. 


My boss, God love her (because I honestly don't know if anyone else is capable of doing so, other than God), was up my ass again. In the hub-bub on Friday of my coworker leaving (the one I replaced), I forgot to do something. Instead of giving a 'friendly reminder' that this report should be done every Friday (considering I only did it twice before my coworker left), she says "I'm giving it to someone else to do going forward" - like I'm incompetent of doing it. Okay, fine, whatever. Of course, she fails to tell my other coworker, so I got to break the news... fuck the what? They sure as shit aren't paying me to do her job, but apparently I am... again... okay, fine, whatever. 


On top of that, I've been having some emotional times lately, dealing with loneliness and homesickness. I'm not really happy, but I'm not unhappy... I just don't know where I'm going, and that freaks me out. So as I've mentioned before (I think on Facebook, maybe not here), there's a psychic across the street from my office, and I've been itching to have a Tarot reading or something. Today, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and when I finally get the idea out of my head, what happens? I get stopped as I pass by another psychic's shop on my way home from work, and get offered a cheap deal on a reading. Hello sign! Get your fucking Tarot read! So I did. I won't disclose what we discussed, as she said I shouldn't, but I will elude that 1) it was one of the most dead-on accurate readings I've had and 2) I was brought to tears over some of the points hit on. Yes, I know some of you are probably thinking "this girl is just another person who's good at reading faces" and while yes - she truly is - she touched on things that couldn't be read from my face. 
I inquired further into what she offers for meditations and such to help me break out of this funk, and I'm looking forward to getting more information in the future, money permitting, of course. I walked out of there feeling so much more at peace than I did before I went in, to the point that I hugged her after. It was eerily accurate. 
I then spent the rest of my night relaxing, because I don't do that enough. Yes, I spend time alone and spend time 'doing nothing', but I'm rarely relaxed; my mind is always flowing a million miles a minute, thinking about everything and over-analyzing everything to the point I want to stick an ice pick in my temple and perform an at-home frontal lobotomy. Tonight, my mind was so clear, it felt...odd. Quiet. I liked it. A lot.
After dinner, I dozed off for a bit, awoke and watched some more True Blood, and now here we are... I'm off to sleep now, as I have an early start to my day tomorrow. I just wanted to share the craziness of my day.

Sometimes I really hate Mondays. Then other times, Monday will surprise me and throw me a bone once in a while. Thanks, Monday, for playing a little fairer today.

No comments: