...Phillipians 4:4-7
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I attend church at the Wellspring Fellowship Church in Skippack; it is a small church, located next to a large, open field and a small cemetery. The congregation is small, and they are the friendliest, nicest group of people I have ever met. I do not know them well, yet every time I go, I am greeted warmly. I will be making it a point to come back when I can on weekends I come home to visit, and I hope that I can find a congregation similar in Boston.
I found today's church service especially touching; the focus on it was on anxiety, which (as all of my faithful readers know) I have been dealing with in abundance for the past two weeks or so. My good friend, Jenny, posted this very selection of verse to my last blog regarding my anxiety, and it truly helped. Then, to show up at church after a three week hiatus to find this as the topic - I felt the Lord's presence even more. I know my anxiety is caused by that part of me that needs to be in control over every aspect of my life, and that lack of control sends me over the edge. Listening to today's sermon discussing anxiety and how we, as people, handle it, really hit home and helped open my eyes to how I have been behaving towards others in my life lately. I have been taking that anxiety and internalizing it, and then when it hit the boiling point, I in turn took it out on people around me.
I know when there is something in my life I need or want to do, I pray about it. However, I don't just sit back and wait for God to work his "magic" in my favor - that is not how faith and prayer works. By praying and acting on what I think I should do or what I want to do, I get my answers. If I want something, and while praying about it and working towards it something stops me from obtaining that, I know it is God answering me. This is part of why I know moving to Boston is right. I spent months praying about it and working towards getting there, but I wasn't sure if that was the right road I am to be following. I wasn't sure until the final point of prayer was answered - getting a job there. I prayed long and hard about that; about having strength to make it through the interview intelligently and strongly; about getting it; about everything. I know now more than ever, in my heart and soul, that I am going forward again. That God has shown me this is the current path of my life, for good or bad - and I'm so excited to be starting it.
1 comment:
You're remarkable, Darby!
Post a Comment