Didn't you say that before???

Monday, June 14, 2010

Lord, keep me from chokin' a bitch today...

I'm thinking this is going to be my new prayer every day. I like it. :P

I'm tired of feeling anxious, tired of feeling angry... just...tired.

A friend of the family took his life this weekend, and I don't know how to deal with it. He was a good person, and though I knew he had some struggles, what I didn't know was how deep they ran. How deep his hurt was... I look at my own struggles and think to myself - as bad as things can get, I couldn't imagine... I've been in his shoes, hurting more than I would ever let on to anyone, and many times thought I'd be better off dead. To actually do it... that's a LOT of hurt... I'm really going to miss him. I saw him a few times a month, actually just saw him last Tuesday, and he seemed so fine... why? That's the one question I can't stop asking... I pray for strength for his wife, that she gets through this horrible tragedy in one piece, and can find solace in her heart. Same for his parents... He was so young, trying to start a family... I will truly miss his jokes, his broad smile and his genuineness. I just don't understand...

And this has put me in a funk beyond all funks... So many thoughts, and I can't get them together...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Darby.

The day after I found out that my ex's best-friend committed suicide, I flipped out on one of Ashley's day care teachers. I couldn't wrap my mind around the thought of someone I know having ended it all... and I couldn't deal with the BS/petty crap that some people were creating in my day-to-day life.

It's a sad, helpless, strange feeling. I'll be praying for yours and his family. <3