Didn't you say that before???
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Really? What's going on with me??
Honestly, sometimes I think I've cracked, but not necessarily in a bad way.
So those of you who have seen my Facebook statuses of late will notice I've been sort of seeing someone named Jon that I met on a free dating website. I've been getting a lot of questions from various people about him, so I figured I'd do my usual bloggityness and post something here about him, or at least what I've learned from the three times I've met up with him.
First, I broke my main rule I had set for myself when getting back into the 'single life'; I didn't want to date anyone under 27. Just my personal rule of maturity and whatnot. Then again, technically I'm not 'dating' Jon; we hang out, watch movies, goof off...just get to know one another. So I'm on the fence on whether or not I broke that rule with him being 26. Anyway! What I've learned:
He just turned 26 years old on 9/16, making him exactly 3.5 years younger than me (to the day - he celebrates his 'half-birthday' on my birthday). He's 6'1", brown hair, blue eyes, big dude; which is quite 'complimentary' to my 5'1", redish-brown hair, brown eyed, little girl stature I have. (hey, I can dream that I'm 'smaller' than I truly am, right?). He has an almost unhealthy obsession with Bruce Campbell and everything that involves Bruce. I can dig this; Bruce Campbell is the shit. We've had arguments over who's better - Bruce or Chuck Norris... and I will forever say he's wrong in that assessment. ;) He works as a bartender in a hotel bar in Quakertown and lives with his grandparents in Bethlehem while he pays down some debt issues. He has a somewhat 'sordid' past - used to smoke a lot of pot and whatever - nothing that different than a lot of my friends. He is extremely random and talks more than ANYONE ELSE I KNOW. More than my best friend Angela, who could talk the paint off a wall...He's very polite and extremely crude (but not in a bad way), and cracks me up a LOT. He loves football and baseball (Eagles & Phillies, which is KEY)... he's just all around nice. Oh yeah, and he's training to be a professional wrestler, or so he says that's what he wants to be. Nothing more amusing than getting drunk and having the 'People's Elbow' thrown at me while I'm in hysterics on the floor. He's just a giant ball of FUN. He's kept me up WAY past my bedtime two out of the three times we've met up, and that's probably the only thing that sort of bothers me (only because I can barely keep my eyes open at work today).
Second, I'm worried of breaking my second rule I set for myself: don't get attached. Thankfully, I am not attached yet, however it worries me when I find myself thinking about him at odd times. I don't feel all 'gaga' over him, and I'm glad because I've had enough of that to last me for a good long while recently.
Honestly, what I think I'm enjoying the most out of this whole scenario with Jon is this: there is absolutely no pressure from him or from me to hang out constantly. Yes, we've seen each other 3 times in a week, but honestly seeing him last night was very unexpected and last minute. We both seem to be really enjoying each other's company, but aren't taking it seriously - and that's such a breath of fresh air for me. I've finally gotten a reign on my overactive emotions. Yay me! :D I much prefer the situation I'm in right now; no pressure for anything other than a good time and lots of laughs. As far as I can tell, he has not become attached to me either, which is great. I would hate to see that happen, especially this soon into getting to know one another.
So yeah, that's the latest update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment