Didn't you say that before???
Monday, May 5, 2008
On my way
So far this week, I have held pretty strong. I'm very proud of myself.
I went to a smorgasbord on Saturday, and while I ate a lot, I made sure most of it was as healthy of choices as I could make, and that everything was in moderation. I only went into my flex points a little, which is great. As of today, I still have about half of them left, and have two days left until they reset, so I should be good to go.
The Weight Watchers plan says to only weigh yourself once a week, on your weigh in day. I have trouble sticking to that, thanks to my youth of watching my mom obsess over her weight, weighing herself frequently throughout the week. I tried, for two weeks, to avoid the scale until weigh in, and ended up gaining both weeks. I need to weigh myself throughout the week - it keeps me focused. Most people see it as destructive, because your weight fluctuates from day to day so much, but for me it helps. If I see it go up a little, I refocus on my goals; if I see it go down, I hold steady with what I'm doing. As of this morning, I've lost about 3lbs since last week's weigh in. I'm hoping by Wednesday its still at that number.
Today's goal is to get all my water in and to eat what I plan on eating, and nothing more. No activity for today, but that's ok, since I got in quite enough so far this week, and will be doing some cleaning tonight which will give me some anyway.
hopefully I'll have some new pictures of myself in a few days - I just have to get my husband to take them. I know I'll at the very least have some this coming weekend, since its my best friend's wedding day.
So here I am at lunchtime, and so far have stuck to my day's plan for the most part; I had to make a few minor substitutions for things, but all-in-all, I'm on track.
This past weekend was partially difficult for me. Saturday night my parents threw a Cinco De Mayo party - food, drinks & friends - good times. However, my mom, who has also been on Weight Watchers since a few months after I started, was boasting to friends & family alike that she has lost more weight than me and my sister. Now, its one thing to brag that the kids are doing really well on it, and how proud she is of us, but its completely different to say things like "I've lost 43 pounds so far, while Darby's only lost 25 since she started." Throw that 'only' in there like a little knife to the heart, mom, thanks. Just be proud, and let me boast about my losses when I feel right doing it. So the whole night I was bombarded with questions from everyone about it, and some of them weren't very nice questions either. I'd rather she stayed out of my business, so from here out, mom's out of my update circle. Only those who I want to know will know what I've lost.
I have done well with my water today too - I'm about half way through my giant jug o water, so its all good.
Well, lunch hour is over, now it's back to the grind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can relate to the mom thing, darb! My mother is the same way.. Well, I'll say this. It is much much much harder to lose 25 pounds and KEEP it off, than it is to lose 45, even 100 pounds. You go with your bad self!
So I saw the first part of your post when you did it, but then missed the part you added over lunch until today.
I've been mulling over the whole mom thing as well, because, well, you already know how I feel about it too! I was going to say something to her, but then I decided not to. Instead, if, no, WHEN it happens again, because I'm sure it will, I am going to pull her aside and let her know that I don't want her discussing my weight loss with anyone - it's mine to discuss or not, and if I choose not to, then she certainly has no right to either.
I think sometimes things are more powerful, and therefore more effective, when handled in the moment. So I'm hoping if I address it in the moment next time, it will be a firm message that her behavior is not okay by me.
Post a Comment