Didn't you say that before???

Friday, January 14, 2011

Two weeks down... only 50 more to go.

Well now, 2011... so far, it's been okay.
(finding wood to knock on now)

My New Year's Eve wasn't exactly as I would have liked it to be - I spent a lot of it playing "Babysit the Drunk" which is NOT one of my favorite games, but we talked about it after, and I shouldn't see things like this happening again - which is good. I don't mind cutting loose and having a good time, but there is always a point that is too much... and some people just aren't built to recognize it right away. This is why I rarely get drunk; I've seen too many people in my life develop drinking problems, I just don't want to be there. And I don't want to continually be put in a position to have to be the responsible one. Bah. Enough about that - it's in the past and that's where it's going to stay.

I don't make resolutions each year. Not because I don't think I need them or that I think I'll just end up breaking them, but because I just don't see the point. I focus on what matters to me WHEN it matters to me - I don't need the start of a new year to make a change for myself, thankyouverymuch. One thing that the ringing in of this new year brought to my attention was that I have found myself slipping back into 'doormat' status - just on a different door step. So my current goal is to kick that bad habit for good. I am not a doormat, and I refuse to let anyone walk on me or use me to wipe their muddy shoes on. This encompasses all areas of my life. No more. It may make me seem like a bitch at times, but in reality - I'm just being honest and open. So yay me! Try to walk on me and I'll roundhouse kick you to the face. ;)

Things are going good though (crap!!! knock on wood again...). My love life is steadily growing each day, and I'm finding myself finally relaxing a bit and just enjoying my time with Ernesto. Work is... good. Most days, at least - and that's what counts. I'm done focusing so much on the bad days, because they tend to take over when I do. My roommate situation (for those who've seen my posts on Facebook about it) is okay - for now. I'm not fully comfortable with things, but we're civil, and he somewhat pays me on time for the bills so I can't complain too much. He did, however, walk into my room at 4 in the morning the other night - I don't know if he thought he was going into the bathroom (across the hall from my bedroom) or was leaving the bathroom to his room - but either way, he walked in (which woke me up), I sat up and said "YO!", and he said "Oh, I'm sorry" and walked out. The scary part though - I think he was naked. My bed is across the room from the door, and my vision is HORRIBLE without my glasses on, so I may be wrong - but I don't think I am. So that was awkward... I was very thankful that Ernesto was there with me though, or I think I would have felt even more uncomfortable. So since then, I started locking my door when I go to sleep, so it doesn't happen again. This is what happens when you live with a drunk/pot head. Not cool, man, not cool...
Anyway, my lunch break is now over, so it's back to work for me!

Have a faboo Friday, peeps.

xo
~D

No comments: