Didn't you say that before???

Monday, October 27, 2008

One year down

How did I not realize I never posted a one-year anniversary blog??? One year ago, as of October 10th, I joined Weight Watchers. To date, I have lost 40 pounds, and couldn't be happier. For one, I can't believe how quickly that year went by! It seems like it hasn't been that long, but it has. For two, I have met some really great people along the way, all of who I am proud to call my friends, even if I've never met them (most of them) in real life, and may not ever. The boards on WW have been so helpful in keeping me real, and keeping me together. I especially attribute this strength to the Wacky Holiday crew on the challenges boards, and to the GDT in general (especially the morning crew). The ladies (and few men) that I've gotten to know have been spectacularly supportive and awesome in so many ways. I have also gotten so much support from my sister along the way. She decided to join a week after I did, and has had SPECTACULAR success with the program as well. I don't think I would have survived so many family dinners without her! LOL! Its nice to feel so much better physically and mentally. I'm starting to actually like my body image, even down to the flabby-ass skin, because I know that beneath it, there's less fat. When I reach where I want to be, if the skin is still flabby, then I'll save some money to have a tuck here or there. Who knows, I may keep it around as a constant reminder...all I know is, I'm getting less and less afraid to walk around my own house in my underwear, because I'm comfortable with the direction I'm going. I have a better shape to my body, and I don't get as tired or winded walking up stairs like I used to. Its just such an awesome feeling. So here's to the next year, and losing another 40 pounds!

No comments: