Didn't you say that before???

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 5 through 7 - 1 week down!

8/29/08 Day 5: the magic notebook Keep a journal to track my feelings and my relationship with food. Read over time, and see where the two coincide. I keep thinking about the left-over pizza we have from Wednesday's dinner. I love to eat it for breakfast, but I'm not going to. I will do better to have eggs & potatoes for the same amount of points for ONE slice of pizza. Not worth it at all. 9/1/08: Day 6: Protect my program! Don't rely on others to help keep me on track. I will say no graciously to the 'pushy' type; those who want me to eat seconds, or 'taste' their new dessert. Do I need it? NO. Will I eat it? Hell NO. Be gracious by saying "Not yet, I'm going to wait a while" or "I'm thinking about seconds" and then leave the table quietly. Once a week this time of year, I get together with friends or family to watch football. Instead of bingeing all day on junk, I will walk away from the food after having one serving. I will drink more water to help me feel fuller longer. I will also start turning down ice cream nights with the family if I do not have the points for it, or I will go and order a SMALL CONE to satisfy the sweet tooth for minimal damage. I will clean more on weekends when I feel the urge to snack needlessly. 9/2/08: Day 7: I can do it!! I will be my own cheerleader. Supportive, positive statements I will repeat to myself daily: I am committed to being healthy I am determined to succeed through the next 93 days and beyond. I can do it! (note: must be read in the Rob Snyder voice from Mr. Deeds) I will find inspiration in others who have been successful, such as Deb on the WW boards, or my sister, Jamie. If Jamie can do it, so can I! I can do it because... I am strong. I can accomplish what I believe in. I am willing to make sacrafices to better my health. So there it is, 1 week down, 93 more days left. I CAN DO IT!

No comments: