Didn't you say that before???
Friday, August 29, 2008
Its been a while...
I've gone and gotten myself very busy with internet postings of all kinds. Figured I'd start updating here more often. It may end up being a day-to-day update, we'll see how it pans out.
I started reading a book called 100 Days of Weight Loss. It's really inspiring and helpful. It calls for me to keep a journal, which I carry in my purse. I am following the book, day to day, Monday through Friday (to go along with the motivational board I post to online). Below are my first 4 days so far:
Day 1: I used to be that way, but now I'm different
My fears & negativity of weight loss:
Never to be able to enjoy myself when out due to 'ruining' my diet
Gaining the weight back plus some when I slack off
Putting myself down when I eat something off plan
How I will change this:
I used to be afraid to enjoy myself for fear of backsliding, but now I work in enjoying myself into my plans
I used to put myself down for eating something I 'shouldn't' have, but now I congratulate myself for eating in moderation.
I used to sneak in extra 'bites' or servings of food, but now I weigh & measure everything that goes in my mouth, to get accurate portions.
Day 2: Be Committed
Change attitude from interested in losing weight to being committed to it.
Starting today (8/26/08) I am going to stay committed to my plan NO MATTER WHAT comes up.
I will acheive this by journalling my food every day, exercising at least 3 times a week, and sticking to the WW guidelines of healthy eating.
I will start this by getting my 5 fruits/veggies and my 2 dairies today, NO MATTER WHAT.
Day 3: Do it anyway!!
No matter what I feel or how I feel, I will do what i have planned anyway.
Today, I really do not feel like exercising or being active at all, but I am going to go to the park and walk for 30 minutes, and do my errands anyway.
I plan to put away the dishes and wash the remainder from last night, no matter what.
Day 4: know my boundaries
Setting narrow and wide 'road' boundaries can help keep me on track.
My "Narrow Road" boundaries:
Stay within my daily points each day, and eat all balanced foods. Get in at least 30 minutes of activity. If I want to 'splurge' I will work it in, without using more than the day's activity points.
My "Wider Road" boundaries:
Use my daily points each day plus some flex points or activity points, but not both. If I want to 'splurge' I will work it in, without using too many of my Flex points.
So there you have it. The book is really good. Each 'Day' is about 2 pages of reading, and then a short 'what to do' list of things to journal. I'm planning on making it through the book, 1 day at a time, until the 100 days are reached.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment