Didn't you say that before???

Friday, December 17, 2010

total rambling, but it's been on my mind a lot this week

So moving to a city has a lot of changes from my 'country' upbringing. For instance - public transportation. I am on it A LOT. My car usually only gets action once a week, and that's if I am going to Ernesto's house instead of him coming to my house. Otherwise, it sits in the parking lot. This said public transportation is also free for me, as my employer gives me a monthly pass to get me to & from work. I love it.

However, this also brings me into contact with some unsavory folks. Like yesterday: riding the T home, and this drunk guy is sitting about 6 seats away from me (bottle in the brown bag in hand), and he's giggling to himself. I wonder, as  I often do about a LOT of the people I ride with every day, what he's thinking or giggling about... then the smell makes it way to me, and I realize he dropped an SBD fart that smelled more like he shit his pants than anything... awesome...


Really though, that's not completely what's been on my mind. What has been is the idea of being a conductor on said subway trains. Every day, I have a new person 'driving' me to my destination, and the majority of them sound so miserable when they make the announcements of upcoming stops. Are you kidding??? I'd LOVE that job! I would totally bust out my acting skills and use a different accent at each stop, and watch the passengers as they disembark to see if any of them react. I would find a way to make it fun - because seriously - how could I NOT have fun driving a line of train cars filled with people at 70mph??

These are the things I occupy my mind with while taking the 15 minute subway ride into work.

And you people thought I was normal...

2 comments:

jenny said...

LOL. i had a grumpy day until i read this! btw, when are you going to bring your manfriend down to visit your PA country friends???

The Darbzilla said...

We will be in the weekend of January 8th for a late holiday dinner party; maybe we could meet up for lunch or something on the 9th before we head back up? Let me know! :D