Didn't you say that before???

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I am the crazy cat lady.

Yeah, I have lots of cats. More than anyone I know, and I love them all dearly. They are my children, especially since my husband is unsure if he wants 'real' kids.
Here they are in order of age:
Fluffy, AKA Boobles, AKA Fuzzle, AKA Stinky Nibbles. We rescued him from the SPCA in 1999, he was 2 years old.

Piggy, AKA Pigga, AKA P-Girl, AKA Udgybudgy, AKA Fatass. We adopted her in Spring of 2000 from a coworker. She is partially ferral to this day (her mother was a barn cat). She's close to 20lbs in weight, but has a body frame of a 10lb cat.

Bean, AKA Mr. Bean, AKA Weeny Bean. Bean came to us from under our front porch. He was probably 6 months old at the time when we found him in the Spring of 2002. A few days of petting him and he walked right in our front door and hasn't left since. Bean shacked up with the next kitty, and had babies.

Princess, AKA Momma Cat, AKA Frenchy Princess was found on a construction site my husband was working on in late spring/early summer of 2002. She was probably about 3 or 4 months old and filthy. He brought her home, we cleaned her up and took her in. That winter she had her first heat and Mr. Bean got to her before we could. In March of 2003, she gave birth to three beautiful little babies. We named them Spot, Pudgey, and Runt. Sadly, all those photos are on another computer at the moment. We gave Spot & Runt away to good homes, but couldn't find anyone who wanted the third, rather portly baby. So we kept him, bringing our cat count up to 5. Before we had enough cash to get the boys all snipped, Princess got pregnant again in the early summer of 2005. We quickly neutered the boys then, so there could be no more babies. In September of 2005, she again gave birth to 4 beautiful babies. Alas, the runt of the litter, Pete, had a massive eye infection and died a month after birth. We kept all of the babies this time around.

Black Betty, AKA Betty B, AKA, Butthole Betty is the most 'mature' out of the babies, so I look at her as the oldest of the three. She's a 'grandma's girl'; she loves me and is indifferent to my husband.

Oy, AKA Hemmeroy. Oy is seen as the middle child of the three; she's the most cocky, and does not love anyone - she's full of 'teenage angst' towards being the overlooked middle child. I named her after a 'dog' in the Steven King Dark Tower series, because when she was born I swore she was a he. The name stayed even after she got old enough for us to know she was not a he. We call her Hemmeroy because she acts like a hemmeroid to her momma.

Whitey, AKA Stinkpot, AKA Stinky McStinklestein Stinkpot is the 'baby' of the family. She's the whiniest attention whore of them all, and constantly wants attention.

Our final addition to the 'family' does not live inside the house. Having four females still 'in tact', we do not want anymore babies, so he stays outside. His name is Tweak, after the character from South Park. I haven't taken any pictures of him yet, since he doesn't sit still long enough.

So that's our cats. I'm really only half a crazy cat lady; since I'm married, I don't quite fit the full difinition. Now I'm going to go pet Oy.

No comments: